Woohoo – This might be the best Friday in a long, long time. Just because it’s basically the Friday before Christmas, and from here on out, everyone seems to be on vacation. Even though my office is technically open next week, Mdub has days to use, so this family is officially on Christmas break.
PB has been shipped off to Rotan to do the Polar Express with the rest of the cousins, so we are parents to only one child this weekend. Doesn’t it seem so much easier when there’s only one to take care of?
1. AB turned 10 months old last week, and I blogged about it on Monday. If you missed the post – check it out here. She’s on the go and growing like crazy. She’s going to be so much fun this Christmas, and I’m pretty sure she might start walking soon – slow down Crazy Lady…..PLEASE!
2. I blogged about this a couple of weeks ago, but I finally read the book. Y’all – I’m obsessed. I would consider myself a somewhat neat and orderly person, but this book goes beyond. I’m pretty sure I could tackle my own house and three others in the next four days after reading it….that’s if someone will take my kids! Seriously though, if you need an extra gift or stocking stuffer, this is a must. Such a great time to read and then tackle your house right after the holidays.
4. Boys, boys – are they not the hardest people to buy for? I could buy for our nieces and my sister-in-laws all day long, but the boys are hard for me… especially my brothers. 100% guarantee they don’t read this blog, so I’m pretty safe to share. I picked up these ice cube trays this week. They must be the new cool item because I saw them at several different stores. I personally, am not much of an ice fan. It just gets in the way and waters down your drink, but these are awesome. So much so, that they might go in Mdub’s stocking, too!
5. Because this time next week you will all be waking up at the crack of dawn with your kids and probably won’t be reading blogs, here is one of my favorite dips to snack on during the holidays. If you need a last minute recipe to take to a family gathering or something for a New Year’s party – this is so easy and SOOOO healthy. #yeahnotreally It’s called Neiman-Marcus dip. I have NO clue where I first had it, but it’s seriously like crack. I made it to take to a lunch party today, and MDub ate over half when he got home from work. Thankfully, I had enough ingredients to make more!
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with Ritz crackers, fruit scoops or tortilla chips!
6. And just because I actually started this before 11pm, I’ll share a 6th Fav. My absolute FAV of the week was taking the kids to meet Santa. I’ll be honest, we had extremely low expectations for this, seeing that PB refuses to look at the camera on a daily basis. When I say we’ve talked the BIG guy up, that’s an understatement. We’ve talked Santa 24/7 for the last two weeks. We’ve waved at Santa yard art, eaten off Santa plates, and been to the mall probably four different times just to wave and watch. Even after doing all of this, the situation could have gone either way. Thankfully, we walked right up, PB sat on his lap, gave him a high five, and did the best we could have hoped for. I can’t say the same for AB…or Santa, good grief, open your eyes, dude!
Merry Christmas everyone – doesn’t it seem like it was just Thanksgiving? I think next year I’m pulling my Christmas decorations out after Halloween so we can enjoy them longer!!